Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A little less Whining

Tonight was a good night. I snuggled in our big, comfy chair with Harley and watched American Idol.

Emma sat on the floor wiggling around to the music.

Ethan lay on the couch, SNOOZING through the whole thing. The end of the school year must be wearing him out.

Mom sat here, at the computer, playing Solitaire and listening to the show.

I sang along with the songs I know, trying to get Harley to go to sleep. It finally worked right before the big announcement.

It was so hard not to cheer because I was thrilled that Taylor won!

Anyways, I'm doing a little better. I've made it to the gym twice this week and have every intention of going tomorrow and Friday.

I tried again, to talk to Scott about my feelings and once again his response was to just deal with it. SO, I'm dealing with it. One day at a time.


My aunt and uncle will be visiting us this weekend. I'm sure they are looking forward to the cooler weather, they live in Mesa AZ.

My office is actually closed for Memorial Day so I get a 3 day weekend. Looking forward to it!!!

My SIL and her family will be here sometime Sunday. They moved to Texas last year because my BIL was transferred. Emma is soooooo excited to see her cousins and can hardly wait for the BBQ Monday night. We are all supposed to go to the lake Monday morning and spend the day fishing and boating. We'll see about that. I'd rather be lazy around my own house that day.

Harley is becoming more and more verbal. His latest is telling Ethan and Emma to go to bed, shoving them into their bedrooms and shutting their doors. He then runs around the house yelling his own name HARLEY ALLEN L****. It can be quite funny at times, that is until Ethan gets mad and has a meltdown.

Emma is thrilled because she finally learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. I've tried for 2 years now to take those extra wheels off and she was just too scared I guess. Now that she knows what she's doing she wants to go riding all the time. But it wears her out and she goes to sleep so good lately. That is a definite plus.

I'm off to bed now to see if I can get a whole 8 hours sleep.

1 comment:

Walker said...

Its good to hear you are more relaxed now and less stressed.
The accumilation of work house guests coming and your step son is alot of pressure and taking it all one step at a time is the onbly thing you could do.
I hope your weekend went well since this comment will come to you after it.
Have a nice week :)