Thursday, July 06, 2006

I share my birthdate with Tom Cruise Whoopty Doo emphasis on the DOO

I posted at the end of my long Day 3 Disney post that July 3rd was my birthday. What a day it turned out to be.

This is how I had my day planned out.

~Get up to see Scott off to work
~Pamper myself and soak in some homemade bath salts that my lovely Emma made for me
~Take the kids to the mall and wander around until it was time for my massage
~Take the kids home and go to my massage
~Eat lunch with my hubbie
~Go home and nap with my Pudge
~Go to church when hubbie got off work to enjoy some fun, food, and city fireworks
~Hunt down a fireworks stand that was open late and buy some to shoot off at our house after the city fireworks show was over
~Go to bed so we could get up early to head to Silverton for the 4th

This is how my day actually went.

~Slept through Scott leaving for work and didn't get up until 9:30am
~Pampered myself and soaked in a bath with homemade bath sales that my lovely Emma made for me
~Took the kids to the mall and told them since it was my birthday I was going to spend money how I wanted and I chose to spend it on them. I told them all they could pick out a couple things and I would waste some money for a change. Emma chose a $12 necklace from Hot Topic to match her $6 bracelet her cousin had already purchased for her the day before. Stepson and Ethan both chose absolutely nothing. The only thing they wanted was Chinese food from the food court. So I made them go to Walden Books with me and I bought another Laurell K. Hamilton book and ordered one they didn't have in stock. Got the kids lunch and then took them home.
~Cancelled my massage because my mom chose that day to do her quarterly blood donation, even after I had asked if she didn't mind watching the kids so I could get a massage. She told me Go Ahead, I'll watch the kids. I normally wouldn't mind leaving the kids home alone, Stepson is 13 and I totally trust him, but, BUT, Stepson and Emma were at each others throats all morning and I wasn't going to leave them alone because they tend to get a bit wild and I didn't want Harley run over in their rampaging through the house.
~Met hubbie for lunch.
~Missed my nap with Pudge because lunch with hubbie was so late. But I did spend 45 minutes sitting on the toilet because the sandwich I ate at Wendy's apparently has eggs in the bread and I am allergic to eggs. I didn't know their new Frescata sandwiches would have eggs in their bread otherwise I would have had my normal salad. Oh well, lesson learned.
~Listened to the three oldest kids gripe and complain that we were going to watch the city fireworks show when they wanted to go bowling. Made the kid angry when I put my foot down and told them it was my birthday and I was going to do what I wanted to do this one day, not what they wanted to do.
~Went to church to watch the city fireworks. Kids ate nachos and hot dogs. Scott and mom ate Navajo tacos. I nibbled on nachos in fear of the wrath of my tummy. Nothing happened though so it was OK! Listened to the old biddie complain about the horrible, evil, nasty, devil worshiping people that had tattoos. Called her on it because she knows very well that I have 4, count em, FOUR tattoos. And plan on getting more. I have no idea what having tattoos has to do with my belief in God. I did call her a mean, hypocritical cow to her face. I'm waiting for a call from our new preacher asking why I did what I did. Oh, don't worry, he'll hear why I did it.
~Didn't buy any fireworks because we didn't get out of the church parking lot until 10:15pm.
~Went home, put kids to bed and ourselves to bed so we could get up early to go to Silverton.

Ok, reading up on those sandwiches from Wendy's, there aren't any eggs in the bread and I did ask for no Mayo on my sandwich. Scott did have to take the sandwich back up to the counter after I looked at it because they still put Mayo on it. I could tell the staff got annoyed and when Scott explained why I asked for no Mayo they calmed down a little. Some people just don't understand allergies because they don't have any. Lucky Them and hope they never get any!

My mom gave me money and a cute pair of capris. My MIL and FIL gave me money. The kids gave me lots of hugs and homemade cards. My MIL made an eggless cheese cake for me. I still haven't eaten any but I'm going to cut into it tomorrow night.

My loving husband sang the Harry Potter Happy Birthday song to me. And then he really gave me no cards and no presents. I'm not sure if he did that on purpose or what. Being human this kind of hurt my feelings. I was going to say being a woman but I know some men that this would have hurt as well. One of those men is my husband. I don't know why it bothers me that I didn't at least get a birthday card. It's just a folded piece of paper with words on it that normally gets thrown away, if you're not a packrat like me. I've searched for the words to Harry Potter's birthday song but couldn't find them and I don't remember them like Scott does. If I do find them I'll post them here. I know it says something about no cards, no presents, or something like that.

Well, I'm off to bed before it hits Friday and I have to get up for work.

Sweet dreams all and dream of Pooh Tattoos!!! hehe Ok, So I can be evil when I want to be. But only because I am tired of that grouchy old lady judging me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Laura said...

Sorry your day didnt go exactly as planned!!

The store Hot Topic scares the crap out of me! My Neice loves it in there!!!!

BTW....Tattoos ROCK!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Laura, I love my tattoos and can hardly wait to get the ones I have planned for the other sides of my ankle!