Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Rest in Peace

Today is a very sad day.

Two lovely souls have passed from this earth.

The first is KirbyPuckett. He played for the Minnesota Twins and only the Twins. He didn't jump around from team to team during his career. He was just amazing to watch and had so much energy. I love baseball and would prefer to go to a game in person, not watch the game on TV. When he played I would watch every game I could. He retired from baseball because he had glaucoma otherwise I'm sure he would have kept on playing.

The second is Dana Reeve. She announced last August that she had been diagnosed with lung cancer. After doing some reading and hearing news reports, 1 in 5 women that is diagnosed with lung cancer has never smoked at all. Ever. Never. This site that I linked to for Dana Reeve says that 10 to 15 percent of the people diagnosed with lung cancer are nonsmokers. There is just so much crap in our environment besides cigarettes that can cause cancer.

I joke with my mom that she should live in a bubble because of all her allergies but every once in a while I think that's not such a bad idea.

No comments: