Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hump Day

When I got up this morning and went to the other side of the house to shower, our tub is down for the count again**, they sky was cloudy and the ground dry. When I got out of the shower and walked back to my side of the house, I noticed that snow was falling. The ground was covered and the snow flakes were huge.

Snow storms towards the end of March are, well, unexpected. It was beautiful and I hurried to dress so I could go outside in the quiet of the early morning because I adore that quietness that seems to come with the snow. It doesn't matter how busy the street is, when it snows the surroundings seem to become eerily quiet, but I love it.

I ran outside expecting to smell fresh air but was disappointed by the smell of diesel. A neighbor across the street feels the need to warm up his big, diesel truck for at least an hour every morning. Not only does it stink but it's loud. Very annoying.

I gave in and woke up the kids because I was already running late and had an early meeting this morning. I really wanted to let them sleep so I could enjoy that peace and quiet without arguing, screaming children. Ethan is a morning person and is wide awake within 5 minutes of being up but Emma is a night owl, just like her mother. She is a grouch until she is fully awake. Harley is a morning person too, just my luck, and he loves to run around the house squealing and annoying Emma.

Right now I'm ready for bed and it's only 7:30pm. Very unusual! My problem is the gym. Scott and I finally made it back to the gym and spent an hour and a half there last night. Fifteen minutes on the treadmill, fifteen minutes on the eliptical machine, forty minutes in the weight room, and then back up to the eliptical machine for the rest of the time. I'm surprised I could even get out of bed this morning. I wasn't sore until I had to bend over to pick up our newspaper from the driveway. After that my whole body started protesting any movement so I made sure to move around alot today. I probably annoyed my bosses because I stood up quite a bit and stretched. Eh well, they got over it quick if I did annoy them.

Time to go, I need to get the kids ready for bed before we head off to the gym again. I really need to work out some of this soreness! But it does feel really good.

I will try to update more but this past week has been nice and slow. Nothing major happening.

No comments: