Monday, October 31, 2005

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

MUWHAAAAAAAA. It is the day for spooks, ghosts, ghoulies, and goblins. The day when you can dress up and be someone or something you are not and no one cares.

I was going to dress up but didn't feel like it. I have on black jeans, a grey long sleeved t-shirt with my sign on it in purple, black shoes, my hair is pulled back, and the most "dressed up" I am is I have all 5 of my earring holes filled with different earrings today. That was work just putting in my earrings. A couple of the holes had started closing so I had to punch through them. I'll dress up tonight when I take the kids trick-r-treating tonight.

The kids couldn't dress up for school so this morning was pretty easy, just like any other school morning. In our school the kids can dress up if they are in 2nd grade or younger but that's it. They will get a bag of candy at the end of school but no Halloween party today.

Scott was offered a free lance job delivereing stuff to Albuquerque, which is 2 1/2 hours from us, last Thursday and then as he was almost back into town that night the same people called him and asked him to leave by 7pm that same night to deliver another load to L.A. It's kind of hard to turn down a job like that when it's paying pretty good money. So he packed a bag and left after I got home from work. He called me that night from the hotel to let me know he had made it and was doing ok so far. I heard from him again the next day when he was dropping off the load and then said "hey, guess what is 3 miles away from me?"
I was afraid to say it but I knew he was going to say DisneyLand. He yelled DisneyLand in my ear before I could answer. I asked if he was going and he asked if it would upset me. Well, NO, but I'll be awfully jealous for a few Months!
So, the weenie head went to DisneyLand without me. I don't blame him at all. I would have gone if I had the chance. He brought me a cool pair of Winnie the Pooh earrings and baby Pooh and baby Tigger pins. I am wearing the earrings today.

And I know of at least one person who is disappointed that I didn't dress up today. This is the first year since I started this job that I haven't dressed up for this day. Oh well, life goes on. The fun is seeing the kids at night when everyone is running around ringing doorbells, knocking on doors and screaming for treats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least if he had to go to Disneyland without you, he brought you something cool. :)