Monday, October 24, 2005

Sorry for all the quizzes

It is a great time waster at work. I should be studying my manager's course but I'm not. I am goofing off and taking stupid quizzes meant for teeny boppers. But some of them are fun


The weekend was ok. Emma's soccer team won, 5-3. Only one more game to go and then we are done for a few months. I stuck my foot in my mouth and as of January 1st I am the secretary for our local soccer organization. I am still in shock. I should never open my mouth at meetings outside of work. I was the mother who swore her kid wouldn't play soccer because of the demonic soccer moms I met when I lived in Washington State. Some of them were just outrageous, berating their 4 year old kid for missing the goal or not running fast enough or accidentally going the wrong way. I made the mistake of asking one mom why she was so harsh and the cow bitch went off on me.

Thankfully the soccer moms I have met so far are nothing like that. We are a mixture of working moms and stay at home moms. We all have the same complaints about the same things, at home, work, or soccer. Our complaint is that if we are going to pay money and buy uniforms for these 8 & 9 year olds to play then they could at least try. Last season they won all but 1 game and that was a tie. This season they have won 3 games, lost 3, and tied 1. They just aren't trying this time.

Oh well, they are all having fun. And it is time to go to soccer practice now.

I'll post on my weekend tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swore I'd never be a soccer mom because I don't like soccer. But I know she'll like it just to spite me! GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! :)