Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Went to the Doctor

Scott made me go to the doctor last night when I got home from work. Probably a good thing because it turns out I have more than just a head cold. I'm one sick momma.

Are you ready?!??!?!

I have sinusitis, lymph nodes are infected, both ears infected, strep throat, and tonsillitis. Where in the hell did all of these things come from?

I haven't been around anyone that I'm aware of that has been this sick. All these germs were just floating along in the air and decided to land on me. And make me sick and not want to drink or eat anything.

It hurts to have air go down my throat. You think I'm going to eat or drink anything when just air hurts? Hell No

Supposedly I'm not contagious so I went to work today. Stupid. By the end of the day I felt horrible and cried all the way home. Which was stupid again because of all the damn snow on the ground. It snowed enough last night school was cancelled today. Oh, and to go along with the snow was the rain. So tomorrow should be a blast with all the damn black ice that will surely form over night. And yes, I'm going to work tomorrow too.

Do ya think I would have gotten any rest if I'd stayed home today with the kids being home too? Nope, I don't think so. Well, I might have because my husband made me put my pj's on and get in bed as soon as I walked in the door today. Oh yes, his office closed today due to the bad weather. But will mine ever do that? Heck no.

And guess what. Not one person has come in to my room and asked if I need anything or how I'm doing since I came to bed. I slept for maybe 10 minutes and then my body started aching. And now I'm a big ball of whiny, sick, BITCH. I hate being sick. I wish the damn antibiotics would kick in so I could start feeling better. And now I'm hungry. But I'm still not going to eat or drink anything until my throat quits hurting.

So they might have left me alone to rest today.

Now that my bitchy side has come out and I've ranted some more maybe I should suck it up and eat some soup and take some more Advil and go to bed. It's almost 10pm and I have to go to work in the morning.

Oh, and school is delayed for tomorrow already. And that could change to canceled again.

Bright side is I'm going to see the movie The Lovely Bones with my SIL tomorrow. We both read the book and we are looking forward to seeing the movie.

3 comments:

Walker said...

Sit right here and smoke this with me.
I won;t even tell you what my stomach flu has been like for the last two weeks.
I have no idea where my body was hiding all that food.
I hope you get better soon.

Brunno Martins said...

Hi, i hope u can be better ... bye

Shannon said...

Thank you Brunno

Walker, so very sorry you have the stomach flu! Absolutely awful!