Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Keep going after this post, there are a couple more new ones!

Mother of the Year

I get the mother of the year award for 2007! I'm such a wonderful mother to my three wonderful kids.

The first reason is Harley. I've talked a little of the potty training woes we are going through right now. Well, last night I plopped him on his trainer seat on the big toilet and walked away. Why did I walk away you ask. Because he won't do anything if someone is in the bathroom with him. Scott was in our bedroom, which is right by the bathroom, so I went to check on Emma. The poor girl stayed home from school with a sour stomach. She was in bed and almost asleep so I got on the bed with her and was rubbing her back when I hear Scott yelling for Harley and myself. Scott runs into Emma's bedroom and asks what's wrong, I tell him nothing is wrong. He said that Harley is hollering for help and he couldn't find him. I told Scott that I left him in the bathroom on the toilet and figured when he was done he would yell for dad. I was wrong. Scott and I ran back to our bathroom and found Harley hollering. He had slipped through his little toilet seat and had his little arms and legs waving in the air as he called for help. How horrible. Everyone was laughing, including Harley, and I was almost in tears because I had walked away and left the poor boy to fall in the toilet. I heard my baby crying like The Fly help me help me help me!

And then this morning I hear Emma screaming and crying at the top of her lungs so I ran out to the living room to see what was wrong. I had just stepped out of the shower so I just threw my pj's back on and had my wet hair dripping down my face and my back. Gross, I really don't like that feeling! Anyways, Emma was sitting on the rocker next to the front door, already dressed, shoes on, her hair pulled back in a cute pony tail. By the time I got her to calm down enough to tell me what was wrong I was so frustrated I was in tears. Her problem? She hated her hair and it looked horrible.

I was ready to throttle her! She had parted her hair down the side and then smoothed it back in a low ponytail. It looked so cute. It took me so long to make her understand that it looked just fine. I also had to convince her that when she is home sick one day and sleeps all day and then all night and doesn't get her hair wet any where in there, then yes, your hair will look funny. I told her if she didn't eat breakfast and brush her teeth in the next 15 minutes she was going to miss the bus and then she was going to have an unexcused absence from school because I wouldn't take her. She made it to the bus on time.

I'm being bad again and typing this at work and it's already time to go so I'm going to end this now.

More later!
_____________________________________________________________

I'm home and aboutto head to bed. I would already be there but Scott decided to pull the carpet out of the bathroom. Now. Tonight. At 10:00 at night. After we finished most of a bottle of wine between us. I'm sleepy!

We've planned to do this for a while now but apparently he got a bug up his butt to do it tonight.

I did it again. I plopped Harley on the trainer toilet seat and walked away. This time he peed in the potty! And he got his M&M's. I know, BAD MOM for bribing the toddler to pee in the toilet. It really hasn't worked though so I don't feel too bad.

He did have an accident earlier this evening but he tried so hard to get to the bathroom before pooing. He did sit on the potty for about 5 minutes and Scott and Harley both gave up but Harley ran back less than a minute later and the poo was already out of his butt. Lovely vision right now, I'm sure.

We are slowly getting there. Too slowly for my taste but everyone always says you can't rush this and it won't do any good to push him because he'll start when he is ready. I just wish he would start when I am ready!

Ok, I'm done for the night.

Good Night All

1 comment:

Walker said...

HA HA HA Kids got to love him.
Both my daughter have had the butts baptized in the toilet as I think many parents have experienced to.