Sunday, January 07, 2007

I forgot one detail of Christmas day

Our last hamster died Christmas day. It was very sad and Emma held the poor thing wrapped up in a washcloth for about 4 hours petting him and trying to keep him warm. Emma and I held a nice funeral for him and then placed him in the trashcan. She wanted to bury him but the ground is just way too hard and I'm not about to keep a dead hamster body until Spring when we can bury him.

After we put him in the trashcan Emma went to bed and I had a nice, stiff drink. I'm starting to sound like a lush but I promise I'm not!

3 comments:

Walker said...

Got to love goldfish when they die.

Me said...

I suppose wrapping him up in paper or foil and putting him in the freezer until Spring would be a bad idea... no?

Shannon said...

I probably could have wrapped him up but by the time I did think about that I was in bed and it was COLD outside and I really didn't want to go back out there. I think I conveniently forgot the next morning. Is that bad?