Monday, January 15, 2007

Glorious 3 day weekend

I feel rather smart this holiday because I Didn't volunteer to work today. It has been nice having another 3 day weekend.

At first I thought lots of quiet time with my kids. Maybe lots of vegging in front of movies, or even going to see a movie. Lots of snacking, no cooking, maybe just baking of cookies, and lots of relaxation.

Then reality hit. Scott had to be at work Saturday at 7:30am. I had a nail appointment at 9am, I know how vain! Right. Well, getting my nails done helps my hands look nicer, they aren't as dry and the awful hangnails are kept at bay. I'm horrible with hangnails! I'll worry at them until my fingers are bleeding. I've never chewed on my nails, I just can't leave those pesky hangers alone.

At noon I took my computer to a friend to find out why it won't connect to the internet. He said he would update everything, check for any viruses, and have it back by Wednesday or so. Emma went with me but as soon as we got home she asked if she could call a friend. Exactly 2 minutes later she was asking if she could go over to this friend's house. And she ended up spending the night there.

Sunday came and mom got sick and the two older kids went to the Outlaws to spend the night. Scott closed on Sunday and with two kids gone, my day was quiet. I did laundry, catered to mom, catered to Harley, and then stayed up til midnight surfing around the net.

Harley started coughing not long after I went to bed so I didn't sleep well at all. I kept getting up to check on him but he never woke up. Scott went in to work at 6am this morning to finish putting everything up from the stock truck.

I think I actually slept from 6:45am to 8:45am this morning.

Today I finished up the laundry, did dishes that were long over due (gross, and I can't believe I did that to my poor kitchen), cleaned the bathroom, made lunch for everyone and now I'm doing this. I would think I would be tired but I'm not.

And that is a very quick overview of my 3 day weekend. I need to go to the grocery store and the drug store and by the time I get home it will be time to make supper.

I should probably go while Harley is napping so I can be home when he wakes up.

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Walker said...

Things never go the way you plan them do they.
There is nothing wrong with pampering yourself, I like doing it and so does everyone else and by the sound of your weekend you earmed it.