Sunday, August 13, 2006

Connie Mack Is Over!

I love going to the Connie Mack games every year. But I'm so glad when they are over. Working all day and then going to the games at night make a very long day. The last game was Friday night and the Arizona team won.

I was bad and barely even looked at the computer at night while Connie Mack was going on. By the time I got home most nights it was almost 11pm. And I had to get up to be at work by 8am.

I spent this weekend reuperating from all the excitement and have had lots of fun trying to keep Harley calm so he could rest up too. He's been so grouchy because of the upset in his schedule.

I've only heard from Emma once so far. I told her she could only call me twice while they were gone and so far she has minded and only called once. And then she talked to me for only a couple minutes before she handed the phone to Ethan. She was too busy for me! I was thrilled that she wasn't spending her time worrying about me and crying to come home. I bet this trip with SW and her stepmom has been so nice.

I've had lots of people ask me how I am doing and if I miss them. In some way I do but most of the time I don't. I sort of feel bad about that. But not really. Don't get me wrong, I love those two so very much but the drama of this past summer has drained me and this little break was just what we all needed. It's good for the kids to see their dad and at the same time I just have one little one to worry about right now.

Come tomorrow morning I have no one to worry about! Yea, right. Whatever. I'll worry about everyone just like always while I'm in Albuquerque for the week. I'll just do it from the privacy of a hotel room where I can watch what I want and go to bed when I want! The co-worker I'm going with doesn't want to leave until tomorrow morning at 5am or so, so I'll get one more night with my Pudge before leaving him for the week.

I've already packed my clothes and have the suitcase sitting by the front door and Pudge has already unpacked it for me twice. He finally gave in and crashed on his bed for a nap so hopefully he won't think of it after he wakes up.

Nothing exciting at all to report.

I'm going to catch up on blog reading now.

Have a great week

2 comments:

Laura said...

enjoy your time......and have a safe trip!

Walker said...

Sounds like you need a break.
Well the way I see it you can miss your kids and not miss the mayhem.
We all need a break and they should see their father also.
Have a safe trip