Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Late Valentines Day

Life has been so crazy for the past few months and it has finally calmed down. My new position at work is great and my hours are finally back to a normal 40 hour week. Over time every now and then but not very often.

Ethan's birthday came and went without much partying. Puberty is really messing with him. Puberty is hard enough for a normal kid but I'm discovering that one with special needs has an even harder time with that part of life. He had a Transformer themed party with just us and was perfectly happy with that. I still can't believe he is 12 years old.

Harley will be 4 in 2 days. He's still supposed to be a baby! He talks so well and asks questions and he is just so normal. I'm amazed by him every day because I never had that with Ethan. He jumps and climbs and runs and is so active. He has been potty trained for almost a year now, even over night. Some people tried to tell me that he was trained late but I decided long ago that kids use the potty when they are ready, not when us parents think they are ready. He goes to pre-school 5 days a week and adores it and gets mad most weekends when he doesn't go. He loves to learn and will make letters and numbers with his trains. He's mad because he can't go to kindergarten yet and ride the school bus with his brother and sister.

Miss Emma will be 11 in 22 days. She's counting down the days not me. I am splurging on her and we are having a swimming party and I am renting the whole aquatic center here just for her party. No strangers! But that is the only way I am going to get in a bathing suit for her party. It will be just a bunch of people that we know.

It's been so long since I wrote anything that I have no idea where to start.

So thank you to Walker for checking in on me and saying hi!

Right now Emma and I are being lazy and watching Torchwood on BBC. I love SciFi shows like Torchwood, Doctor Who, the Outer Limits. Supernatural and Ghost Whisperer are good too. Sounds like I watch tv all the time but I don't. I have resorted to recording the shows I like and having a marathon sitting watching them. Maybe twice a month I get to do that. I was doing ok until the show Moonlight started and it takes longer to get thru my shows. At least I can fast forward thru commercials.

Scott will be home from work in about half an hour and then we will go grocery shopping. I love going this late at night because there are few people there. The ones that are shopping this late are just as freaky, if not freakier, than us. If I go shopping during the day I get too stressed and have a hard time dealing with all the people. I don'd mind crowds at all, Disneyland is proof of that, but people and shopping are pushy and rude and have no consideration for others. I try my hardest to watch for others around us and be polite. My husband says I'm too nice and need to learn that sometimes you have to be a little mean.

Two weeks from today Scott and I are leaving for annual Vegas NASCAR trip. This year it just happens to land on our Fifth anniversary. And we can't find one single show we want to see. Last year Rascall Flats was performing at Mandalay Bay. There were a couple of other big names, that I just don't remember now, and this year nothing we want to see. We might end up at some topless review. Who knows. Just walking around the Strip can be interesting, watching all the freaks. Maybe we will try to find a chapel and renew our vows with Elvis.

Signing off for now. Walker, I'll try to write more often instead of waiting for 3 months or so. :)

1 comment:

Walker said...

You have been a busy lady.
Kids grow up fast and before you know it the are looking eye to eye with you.
Mine came back into my life after not seeing them for 8 years.
They are so big now and I don’t know how to treat them.
I remember little kids and now I have a 20 year old in March and a 16 year old daughters.

My niece just finally started using the potty and she is a little over three.
As you said, they will use it when they have the confidence to use it.

I am a huge sci-fi fan and Supernatural is one of my favourite and the new Sarah Conner chronicles are looking good but the Stargates are my favourite.

I don’t think you have to be mean but a little more confident and aggressive might get you a little more respect.

Life has been a rolloercoaster for many people me included so I know its hard to find the time to post but I am happy you did.

Happy Late Valentines but you can’t be late with Valentine’s day, it Valentines Day every day when you live with those you love J