Friday, March 23, 2007

Apparently I have turned into a monthly blogger. When I have time to sit down and write about my day or my week I am too wiped out to stare at a computer for even one more minute lately.

I have worked so much overtime at work because of our new billing system that I've taken a nap almost every day during my lunch. I've also lost my appetite and eat twice a day, yogurt in the morning and a salad or something at supper. Healthy food but not healthy eating habits. When I was losing weight I ate 5 times a day. That put with exercising 4-5 times a week and I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I call that the divorce diet because my 5 times a day of food consisted of a cracker or an apple. I didn't want to eat then either. This time is a different reason and I just need to find a way to get that exercise part back into my life.

Life has been one hectic day. At least that is what it feels like. It's a never ending cycle of get up, get kids to school and daycare, go to work, go to some sort of practice with Emma, home, supper, and bed. The weekends are right in with that never endingness. I work every other Saturday or so and Emma has games on Saturdays.

I'm exhausted. I did take a weekend off for the NASCAR race in Vegas. Scott and I drove down Friday morning, went to a race Saturday (all day) and Sunday (all day) and then drove home Monday. It was fun and hot and windy but I came back just as tired as when I left. But it was worth it. We spent too much money, mainly on the kids. Surprisingly we didn't drink too much or eat too much. We did eat alot of snow cones. Ok, it was only in the low 80's that weekend but when you are just sitting in the racing stands, crammed in with a bunch of people like sardines, it gets pretty hot. There was rarely a cloud in the sky.

We are going back to Vegas in April and this time we are taking the kids. We are only going for a couple of day but that is plenty of time there, especially with kids in tow. We are planning on visiting the Children's Museum, M&M world, and who knows what else we will decide to do.
Our hotel? HOOTERS!

What a wonderful place for kids, isn't it? Hey, it had the cheapest rooms at the time we were looking for a room. I should correct that, it had the cheapest rooms with an open and working pool for the time we will be there. There were cheaper rooms, but not that close to the strip or they didn't have an open pool.

Spring Break started at 2:40pm today. The kids will be home and bored for 1 whole week. I get to take one whole day off during that week to spend with them. It's certainly better than nothing.

Oh, this week has been calmer. Why? Because Emma sprained her left foot and ankle so no games or practices this past week and none next week. She was playing slip and slide with some of her friends last Saturday and they were using a piece of cardboard instead of an actual slip-n-slide from a store and she slipped just wrong and did the splits with her left ankle and foot taking the brunt of the fall. She didn't tell me about it Sunday afternoon, while I was doing my mom's taxes. She knew if she told me about her hurt ankle that I wouldn't let her spend the night with her friend. Us moms can just be party poopers I guess. When I said that to her she looked at me, both eye brows raised, and said to me "really mom, who says Party Poopers anymore". My 10 year old is too cool for me I guess.

Time to wrap this up for tonight. I hear a squabble between two kids that should be in bed.

2 comments:

Walker said...

You blog when you have the time or feel like it.
I do we all do.
Besides you need your rest.
I got to get to Vegas one day.
I'm not much of a gampler but want to see the lights.
So um Hooters Hotel eh LOL
Writes it down

Have a nice weekend

Walker said...

Stopped by to wish you a Happy Easter :)