Monday, September 28, 2009

3rd Week

I keep forgetting it's only the 3rd week, tomorrow actually, that I've been home because of surgery. I feel so good and start going at my normal pace and then regret it because I end up pulling a stomach muscle or get so tired I sleep most of the next day.
Today for instance, it's 10:15 and I've been up since 6am, fed 4 kids breakfast, got them all off to school, did breakfast dishes, and on the 3rd load of laundry. To some this might not seem like a lot. For me, it's ALOT!!! I am a big procrastinator and was always too tired before to do all of this before school got out. I'm just wondering what it's going to be like when I go back to work. Will I keep my new found energy or will I be drained all the time again because that's the way work is anymore. Draining.
I've almost become domesticated. I am cleaning more, even though I'm not allowed to do housework yet, I am cooking more, baking more, I love being home to help kids with homework, get afternoon snacks ready on nights when dinner will be late because Emma or Ronnie have volleyball or cheer practice.
What has become of me!?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe having my "big guts ripped out" has brought out the Adult in me. That's kinda scary!

And the dryer keeps buzzing at me so I need to go fold some towels.

Hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: