Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Feeling Petty and Selfish

I try not to be selfish and petty, about anything. But every once in a great while something happens and that stupid feeling comes out. There are so many other things in this world, my town, even my household to be upset about but this one thing just hurt my feelings. As I posted, March 1st was our 10th Anniversary. None of our kids told us happy anniversary, or good job, or congratulations on making this milestone, because in my eyes it is a small milestone. My mom tossed an anniversary card at us and walked away, my MIL told us happy anniversary on face book. And that's it. For months before we talked about throwing ourselves a party and having our wedding cake redone because our wedding cake at our wedding was ruined and it sucked, the baker put in copious amounts of lard for some reason, anyways, we never planned a party due to money being tight so we didn't have our cake redone either. It just hurts my feelings that the people we love couldn't take the time to say a few simple words. And like I said there is so much more to worry about so I don't know why this is bothering me so much. I didn't care that we didn't have a big party, or another cake, or anything else. All we both wanted was to hear some loving words that day. I thank god we have each other and even though the past year has been rough in so many ways, I'm glad we are together and strong and working at our marriage, not just letting it fall apart or neglect each other. Maybe now that I have let all these feelings out I can let it go, move on, and forget it. Because I am not a petty and selfish person

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

I'm so glad you were able to work things out--may your marriage be stronger for it--and yes, ten years is a big deal--so CONGRATS!!!!

Shannon said...

Thank you Lurker Girl!!